Firstly Ransomware means a kind of virus or malware which will lock down and encrypt your computer data and will not open unless you pay them the ransom they are demanding.
A new virus or malware came up recently in India called WannaCry, or Wanna Decryptor. This malware is attacking systems which are using Windows operating systems. In this, the system will be completely locked, and count downer timer comes up with a message that if you don’t pay the ransom amount within the given days, your complete data will be deleted.
Few Things about WannaCry which explains Ransomware really a threat or not?
Experts say this malware spread by some internet worm. Most of the victims of this malware are big IT companies. Logically they will be attacking such companies or computers by locking or encrypting the data the victim should face big loss as a rescue it should be ready to pay the ransom amount. If you have such valuable or sensitive data take few simple precautions such as
- Keep your anti-virus software updated
- Don’t download anything from unsecured websites.
- Backup your important data on a regular basis.
- Do not open Microsoft Office email attachment that advises you to enable macros to view its content.
- Do not open or download or enable anything which seems suspicious.