Mango Chutney, Name is enough to bring water in your mouth. Basically Tangy and spicy dip which is popularly prepared during summer season. Though it seems difficult but it is very easy to make Mango Chutney. Here is the list of Ingredients and procedure to make it in step by step method. It will be more delicious to have if we have it with Chapati or steamed rice.
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 5 - 6 red chilli dried
- 1 tbsp of channa dal
- 1/2tbsp of urad dal
- ½ tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup raw mango, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds / rai
- 1 dried kashmiri red chilli, broken
- few curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
How to make mango chutney step by step
- Using heavy bottomed kadai will be better, heat oil.
- add in 5-6 red chilli, 1 tbsp channa dal, ½ tbsp urad dal, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds and ¼ tsp methi.
- roast in low flame for 2 minutes till the spices turn aromatic.
- Grind it for mixing it well.
- also add in 1 cup raw mango, 4 cloves garlic and salt to taste.
- blend to paste without adding any water. Keep it aside.
- Take an another kadai and pour 2tbsp oil. heat it for a while. Once the oil is hot, add in 1 tbsp mustard seeds, 1 dried red chilli and few curry leaves and fry it.
- add the above prepared mango chutney to this.
- also add turmeric and saute.
- saute on low flame for 2 minutes.
- finally, serve raw mango chutney along with rice, idli,dosa, roti and chapati.