Ingredients for Marination
1/2 kg Chicken (bone or boneless)
1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
3/4 Tsp Kasuri Methi
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
Oil – 1 or 2 tsp
1 or 1 1/2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 or 1 cup Curd or Hung Yogurt
Ingredients For Gravy
2 Tsp Butter
1 or 1 ½ Tsp Ginger garlic paste
One or Two inch Cinnonm Stick
2 Green cardamoms
Methi powder – just a pinch (optional)
Green chili slits – 1 or 2
Tomatoes- 4 (put it in heat water for 10 mints (peel it, blender and filtered) optional
Kashmir Chilli powder- 1Tsp (as per required)
Chilli powder- ½ tsp (spice) optional
Cashew nuts or almonds – 10 (soak in water for an hour and make paste)
Garam masala powder – ½ or ¾ Tsp
Kasuri methi – 1/2 Tsp
Sugar – ¼ (optional)
Salt for taste
Cream – 100ml
Coriander leaves- for garnishing
How to make
- Wash chicken under running water and pat dry. Magnate chicken with lemon juice, chilli powder and salt for 20 mins.
- After step 1 add yogurt , kasuri, methi, oil, turmeric, ginger garlic paste and garam masala powder to it and keep it in Refrigirator for 3 or 4 hours, over night works better.
- Grill the chicken in an oven or stove top. For stove top method, add one tea spoon of butter and add magnetized chicken. Fry it on high flame most cure will be evaporated. Once it is done transfer it into a plate.
- If you prefer oven method then preheat oven at 240c for atleast 20mints. Keep the chicken in the oven until meat is cooked well. Mostly It takes around 20 or 30 mints based on chicken piece size.
Making butter chicken:
- Put some butter on a pan and heat it, add dry species and fry for one or two mints. Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies and fry it in low flame.
- Add tomato, red chilli powder, sugar and salt. Stir well and cook until it become thick butter.
- Pour one cup water and methi powder, cashew or almond paste or almond milk.
- Boil it for 3 to 5 mints. Add Kasuri Methi powder and Gram Masala powder.
- Add chicken and let it boil for 7 to 8 mints on lower flame so that it become softer and tender.
- Pour chilled cream and switched off the stove. Garnish with coriander leaves and cream.
It is best served with chapthi, naan, paratha, fried rice, ghee rice …
Fat : 34g
Sugar : 4g